Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pappu and Pinky : The first raw sketch

When I was younger I used to draw cartoon figures of little kids for few of my friends who used to snail mail this to their friends. Most of the pics would that of some little kids crying or hugging teddy bears or in some childish poses. But an idea to really start a series of cartoons just clicked in my mind by the end of 2008.

I sketched the picture above on my notepad for a reason. Actually one of my friends was becoming too bossy and dominating. I did not have the guts to tell it straight on her face. I did'nt want to hurt her too. So I chose to draw this cartoon which was for the moment titled as 'The female terror" and sent it to her. And of course she got my point and had a good laugh at the picture too. She asked me if I could draw more of these as she liked them. This was in the beginning of 2007. The question kept echoing in my mind until mid of 2008 when I thought why not add color to the sketch. I posted these cartoons on Orkut and got good response from my friends. And by 2008 end I was inspired enough to start a series of these cartoons.

2 comments: